Last Minute Halloween Makeup Ideas

11:41 pm

7 days and counting.
Still haven't picked up a costume.
Craving for an idea. Desperately in need of something perfect, unique, original.
Yet, lacking inspiration.
Hopelessly browsing Pinterest, Instagram...
Thinking about borrowing your friend's last year's creation.
The panic of missing out on the occasion slowly setting in.

Sounds familiar? Yeah, me neither.
I usually have my costume all planned out months beforehand.

However, if you are one of those not putting much effort into your costume and waiting until the day before Halloween to decide on it, fear not. I have you covered.

Below are a few simple, inexpensive and fairly easy to DIY Halloween makeup ideas. And the best thing of all? Each was created using only regular beauty products (I am certain all can be found in any girl's vanity case), except the last one where I used some of the SFX makeup product remaining from this year's Mardi Gras celebration

1. Jack-o'-Lantern
Products used: orangish blush, brown eye shadow, black eyeliner 
Time: 20-30 min

2. Half-zombie Pippi Longstocking 
Ok, this wasn't what I initially had in mind. But makeup works in mysterious ways, right?
My idea was to demonstrate how altering only the lower part of your face can change your whole appearance and leave plenty of room for building up your imagined character. However, by chance I had my hair styled in pigtails, and when I saw my relfection in the mirror I bursted out laughing and added some blush and dots onto my cheeks, resulting in this wannabe half-zombie Pippi.
Products used: white eye pencil, black eyeshadow, pink blush, red lip pencil
Time: 20-30 mins   
And by building it up, you can easily end up with your face looking something like this:

3. A sharp-nailed hand breaking out of my cheek
I am very proud of how this one turned out. I guess it would have been much more credible if I had used some fake blood and liquid latex to make the wound three-dimensional. Still, that wasn't an option since the whole purpose of the post was to show what can be achieved without using SFX makeup products.    
Products used: black eyeliner, white eye pencil, black eye pencil, red lip pencil, red blush, orange, purple and brown eyeshadow
Time: 60 minutes 

4. Leaf (Children of the Forest from the Game of Thrones series)
Here I used some liquid latex to cover up my eyebrows (I warn you: peeling it off wasn't fun at all), but you can easily do this with a glue stick. 
Other products used: black eye pencil, black eyeliner, white foundation, green and brown eyeshadow
Time: 90 min
Obviously, I've been working on this post for days, so I really hope you'll find it interesting and inspiring. Please keep in mind I am only an amateur in this and be kind in telling me what you think! :)

Happy Trick-or-Treating!

You Might Also Like

2 komentari

  1. Love this amazing post with such great ideas, very inspiring, thank you for sharing!!!

    xxx

    www.bridesonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nora, it really means a lot!

      Delete