My Favourite (Affordable) Liquid Lipsticks

5:22 pm

My whole life I've been a simple girl.
If I saw a pretty lipstick, I would buy it.
If I eventually didn't like it, I would give it away.
And if I did like it, I would buy more shades.

No wonder in time I've amassed such a diverse lipstick collection (in terms of everything!).

Over the past few years, however, I've grown somewhat more specific with my requirements regarding cosmetic products. I am the kind of girl who'd rather spend one hour on applying my makeup than one minute on fixing it. Considering lipsticks in particular, I hate seeing them easily smudged or transfered onto my teeth and chin. I can't stand when my hair sticks to them. And I absolutely don't like them shiny and with glossy finish. In a nutshell, I prefer my lipsticks matte, long-lasting, and smudge-proof. Without exception. And that's why I've turned to liquid lipsticks. 

Still, despite setting standards and preferences on what you're looking for in a product, finding the right one is seldomly an easy task. Quality is not cheap, and cheap is not good-quality. Right?

Well, no. Definitely not.

I'm here to tell you there are amazing, affordable lip products out there that I absolutely love and would like others to know about. So read on! 

1. Soft Matte Lip Cream line by NYX 
Although the weakest (so to say) among the products that I'm about to present in this post, NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream line was the reason I fell in love with liquid lipsticks in the first place. If I remember correctly, Monte Carlo was the first liquid lipstick I have ever owned. At the time, NYX didn't have a single store in Croatia, so I had to buy the shades I thought looked great in the photos online. Once I even mistakenly ordered a fake Prague and, even though it differed from the original in so many aspects, I actually did like its colour more than the original! :D

Back to the start: when I say that the SMLCs are the weakest among the products introduced here, what I have in mind primarily is their coverage and long wearing. These lipsticks have medium buildable coverage and are not eternally lasting (which I seek desperately in my lipsticks). Still, they've been around for quite some time now and there's an unparalleled variety of gorgeous shades (named after cities) to choose from. Thus far, I've owned five: Milan, Budapest, Prague, Monte Carlo, and Copenhagen. The shade I am wearing in the photos is Milan, which is basically my "everyday / off-to-work" companion and best friend.

These lip creams cost about €5.50 a piece and can now be purchased from NYX's stores in Zagreb and Split.

PROS: great variety of gorgeous shades, creamy semi-permanent formula, medium buildable coverage, genuine matte finish, great smell, dries quickly, doesn't feel heavy on the lips
CONS: colour starts cracking after a few hours and needs to be reapllied, particularly the darker shades

2. Instant Colour Matte Liquid Lip Colour line by KIKO MILANO
Now here's something that actually made me reconsider everything I (thought I) knew about the richness and intensity of colour: KIKO MILANO's Instant Colour liquid lipstick line. Believe me, the available colours are just wild! There are 15 shades ranging from beige and orange to blue and black, and you really need to be either adventurous or a bit crazy to wear most of these on ordinary occasions. I, for once, the ultimate I-don't-give-a-damn type of girl, wear the two shades I own - 07 Magenta (in the photos) and 10 Dark Mauve - anytime and anywhere, but I notice people sometimes looking at me in astonishment. I find this rather amusing. 

Except for the colour intensity, what thrilled me most about these lipsticks is their long wearing. For example, I wore these to weddings and dinner parties, and they wouldn't come off no matter how many meals and drinks I had. If you're like me and hate re-applying your lipstick all the time or wondering whether it transfered onto your chin, you'll be amazed with the durability of this product (granted you find the shade you like and are comfortable wearing). I tell you, a-ma-zing!

These liquid lipsticks cost about €8.90 a piece and can be purchased from KIKO's stores worldwide; in Croatia they only operate online.

PROS: intense and extremely pigmented shades, full coverage, extremely long-lasting, flawless matte finish, flocked applicator for extreme precision, cute packaging
CONS: a bit dry on the lips due to its thick formula 

3. Luxury Matte Liquid Lipstick line by HEAN Cosmetics
These liquid lipsticks weren't just a discovery, they were THE discovery I made.
I stumbled upon them randomly one day at a local drugstore (Bipa): never before have I heard about this brand. But the available 8 shades looked so stunning I decided to give them a shot: I bought two (Smoke Rubin and Bordo Passion). And I've never been so pleasantly surprised in my entire life: these lipsticks turned out to match all the lipstick requirements I had, far beyond expected. Moreover, I later found out that HEAN Cosmetics is a cruelty-free company and that their products are hypoallergenic, which made me love them even more.

These liquid lipsticks cost about €6.20 a piece and can be purchased from Bipa in Croatia.

PROS: hypoallergenic, full coverage, non-transfer, highly pigmented, watery formula, dries quickly
CONS: the applicator is a bit bulky and imprecise, and feels tickling on my lips (?)
I love these HEAN lipsticks so much that I had to show you the both shades that I currently have (Smoke Rubin above and Bordo Passion below). I have to point out that the latter is actually more on the red side than it looks like in the photos.
Finally, this is what most of the lipstick shades I mentioned look like on the back of my hand. I find it  almost impossible to decide which one I like most.
What about you? How do you feel about liquid lipsticks?

Anyway, I hope you'll find this text helpful!

As always, thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

1 komentari

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing such a useful article about impressive lipstick. I think that you should also share these Affordable Cosmetic Brands in 2021 with your visitors as well. All of these brands are very popular among young girls and professionals.

    ReplyDelete