Double Winged Eyeliner

10:58 pm

Ok, I am officially the worst blogger ever. I have broken every blogging rule there is, starting from staying on topic and adding new content on regular basis. Well, I am a busy and versatile girl, what can I say? Please bear with me :)

Anyway, today's post is going to be rather girly. But maybe, just maybe, a boy or two would be interested in learning how much makeup can change a girl's appearance. Yes, I am publishing my #nomakeup and #nofilter photos below. Please don't hesitate to lie how naturally pretty I am! 


I’ve been asked many times how I manage to sport the double winged eyeliner look. For this reason, today I am bringing you a brief tutorial and hopefully answering all your questions on the matter. So, here are my tricks and advice: 

STEP #1. I start by applying tons of liquid foundation / concealer all around my eyes. This makes it easier to later remove all the excessive eye shadow, or eyeliner moves that get out of hands. 

STEP #2. Then I apply eye shadows on my upper lids. I usually start from white on the inner corners of my eyes, and continue adding gold, pink and purple as I approach the outer corners. Finally, I put pink eye shadow just above my upper eyelids and underneath my lower eyelids. 

STEP #3. The reason I use pinks is because I have green eyes, and such colours make them pop out. For brown eyes, I recommend purples and reds, and for blue eyes, I advise browns and other earthly colours.

STEP #4. Now, my greatest TRICK: before I use eyeliner, I like to outline my eyelash lines with black eye pencil. Then I put my index or middle fingers below the outer corners of my eyes and smear the pencil lines towards my eyebrows (photo 2). This way, I get wings which naturally match my eye shape, and use these as the guidelines for applying the eyeliner later on. Trust me, this really helps!
STEP #5. Considering the fact I have downcast eyes and quite severe problems with dark eye circles, which make me look constantly tired or sick, I use these lines as my lower wings (because adding one more wing above these makes my eyes seem bigger). Depending on your eye shape, you can use these lines either as your upper or lower wings. But please note that it is much easier if you use them as your upper wings. 

STEP #6. Only now do I apply black eyeliner, starting from the inner corners, and following the previously drawn pencil line. It doesn't matter how thick the line turns out, just make sure the wings get thinner towards their end. 

STEP #7. Remember, the lower lines have to be longer than the upper lines.

STEP #8. Drawing the upper wings can sometimes be tricky, but it is easier if you make sure they are not too close to the lower wings, so they don’t eventually merge into a single thick line. Don't expect the wings to be perfect, though; I've done this like a million times, and they never turn out the same! 

STEP #9. Finally, I apply 2 coats of mascara or false eyelashes, depending on the occasion, and add more eye shadow if necessary. 

That's it: the power of makeup! Feel like experimenting, maybe?  

I used:
Essence Eye Shadows (Quattro for pink and purple & All About Sunrise for gold)
Essence Silver Eye Penicl
Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Eyeliner
Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara
Max Factor Facefinity 3in1 Fundation
Oriflame Giordani Gold Bronzing Pearls, Natural Peach
False Eyelashes (photo 1, 4, and 8)
As always, thank you for reading! Have a wonderful day! 

You Might Also Like

2 komentari

  1. Wow, you have such a beautiful eyes... and you've done a great job with the double winged eyeliner look, it looks awesome! I am definitely going to try it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha, I am glad you like my post!

      Delete