Pink & Gold Valentine's

8:22 pm

Getting ready for a dinner date for Valentine's. What to wear? Something red seems in order. How to do my makeup? Red lips, of course. And what about the hair? OMG, I'm late!

Know the feeling? 

Yeah, neither do I. I stayed in and watched Narcos Mexico until I turned in to sleep. Alone. 

Here at Sketches of a Life we don't do Valentine's. And we especially don't (deliberately) wear red on this occassion. 

But we certainly do come up with some amazing alternative ways to celebrate. Like conducting Instagram pools on who else is alone and playing pretend we're about to spend the night with our true love. So we eventually do. We spend it with makeup.

Of course, here at Sketches of a Life we also like to twist everything around and completely disregard the tradition. So we decide to, instead of doing a red-based makeup look, go with something more... not red.

Also, here at Sketches of a Life we refer to ourselves as we a lot.
We shall stop doing that right now.
Above is the final look I came up with: as you can tell, I decided to go for pink and gold, with a splash of blue and purple. And a double winged eyeliner. I used: 

Mischief Maker eyeshadow pallete by Makeup Revolution
183 Days eye foil in 010 Golden Mirror by Trend It Up
Renaissance Flick eyeliner by Makeup Revolution
Kajal eye pencil in 11 splish splash by Look (Bipa)
Instant Colour matte liquid lipstick in 07 Magenta by Kiko Milano
Looks So Natural eyelashes in Sultry by Kiss

BTW, I just have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the 183 Days eye foils: Trend It Up must be one of my least favourite drugstore brands (sorry!), but I must admit this product does it job really pretty.
Love is in the air. Well yes, love for makeup. 

Happy belated Valentine's Day to all of you out there who are happily in love, and an even happier Independence Day to all of you who are happily not!

Kiss

You Might Also Like

0 komentari