Days of Autumn

3:12 pm

"Dying
Is an art, like everything else.
I do it exceptionally well."
- Sylvia Plath
I've never been a big fan of Autumn, and I absolutely despise Winter. I hate when it gets dark at 4 p.m. I hate the pervasive dampness and mud. I hate the grey skies, dead leaves, and bugs invading my house. But what I hate most is that constant feeling of tiredness and apathy. What an overrated, boring, identity crises stricken season it is!

Obviously, I've been feeling a bit moodly lately. I don't know if it's the Autumn or the changes currently taking place in my life, but you get the idea. Still, as far the weather is concerned, I must admit this Autumn hasn't felt that bad at all, at least so far. And when I say so far, I mean that things are about to change significantly, probably this very moment as it has just started to rain. And it's most probably not going to stop before April. Damn.

But I am going to conclude this Ode to My Hatred here, and share with you guys some of the photos* I took during my morning walks with my dog. To be honest, if it weren't for him, I would probably never set my foot in the woods or see there are actually some beautiful things out there. I am so happy to have him as my loyal companion! This is actually my favourite part of the day; we chase the falling leaves, sniff spiderwebs, pee on the mushrooms, greet the horses, and bark at the birds. Then we play catch (he always wins) and race back home, where a juicy bone awaits for the winner (he always wins the race, too). Then we spend the rest of the day lazily dragging around, waiting for our night walk, and pondering on the prank to pull to get the Human angry. Oh, what a difficult life to live!

There is actually a lesson here. What I've learned and what I am trying to say is; it's amazing how something unexpected can change your perspective completely. There is often beauty where you least espect it, but you have to make an effort to find it. And it may even take seeing the world through your pet's eyes

*all the photos were taken by a mobile phone
Thank you so much for reading! Wishing you a lot of doogy love (it's the best kind)! 

You Might Also Like

4 komentari