Wish for Love

3:29 pm


I am terrible at practicing self-discipline. That's all I have to say for myself.
Moving on.

Last night, a beautiful manifestation was held in Zadar. Under the motto of “wish for love”, five thousand lanterns lit up the night sky over the town, uniting the locals in helping a fellow citizen suffering from an extremely difficult and rare condition. A praiseworthy gesture, don’t you think?

As the manifestation is closely associated with the Valentine ’s Day, many attending were couples or families. It was wonderful to feel so much love and unity at one place. Especially as one who went – alone.

I don’t mean this in that “God, I’m so lonely” sense. Actually, it was more of a “I really enjoy my solitude and self-time” thing. As far as I can remember, I’ve always been a bit of a loner. I hate chit-chat, small-talks, gossip, and all sorts of unnecessary drama. That’s why I sometimes deliberately distance myself from people I genuinely care about, but need a time-out from. This applies to both friendly and romantic relationships.

As for romantic affairs, I have always adhered to three rules:
  1. Never shed a tear over a guy. Not even when no one’s watching.
  2. Never allow yourself to depend on a guy in any sense conceivable. Particularly financially. 
  3. Never say goodbye to someone more than once. 
Ok, I broke the latter once or twice. But I can tell you this has in general saved me a lot of suffering. And time. I have an excellent control over my emotions. I could be dying on the inside, but I would never give anyone the pleasure of seeing it. I could go years without taking to someone just to prove my point. And I am great at convincing myself that no one is worth my peace. Just ask my exes :)

If you ask me how I do it, the answer is – I have no idea! I just do it.

My point is: love others, but love yourself first. And even more importantly, respect yourself. Here are some good reminders: Think positively. Avoid perfectionism. Do the things you enjoy. Reflect on your positive traits and repeat positive affirmations daily. And always bear in mind that you are awesome. You are limitless. You don't need anyone.

Come to think about it, maybe the introduction to this post wasn’t so true after all, huh?
Photo credit: Ivan Gan Photography 
Thanks for reading! 

You Might Also Like

0 komentari