The Perfect Smile: A Year After

6:25 pm

It's been exactly a year since I had my teeth done: in case you missed the story, you can read all about it in my The Perfect Smile (My Teeth Makeover Experience) post. However, as proud as I was back then of the makeover I had undergone, I knew this was just one of the numerous step-by-step depictations of the process you could find within the wastelands of the Internet. So I thought I might do something a little different now and share with you guys my experiences with the new smile throughout the last year. Am I still happy with the change? Or have I regreted it? Read on if you'd like to know! 

1. The obvious
By far the greatest change is the most obvious change, and it's the physical. After years and years of  struggling with my teeth-related insecurities, I finally got the perfect smile. And I really do mean perfect: big, white, straight, gapless. However, some people noticed another physical change that I myself wasn't aware of initially: the new teeth actually altered the shape of my lips. They pushed my upper lip frontward and upward, making it seem a bit bigger. It's incredible how many people have asked me whether I had my lips done too. So, once and for all, the answer is: NO. Although I am totally in favour of any alterations that make one feel better about themselves, I would never do this because I am (and I've always been) perfectly happy with my natural lips. Still, as my friend pointed out, I must not complain about getting a bonus lip augmentation, so I'll just leave it here. 
2. The hidden
For me, as equally, if not more important change is the psychological. I think my new smile turned me into a fairly different person: it boosted my self-esteem, allowed me to finally start laughing loudly and widely, made me a lot more outgoing, approachable and friendly. My newly discovered positive attitude towards life led me to meeting some amazing people and to also becoming closer friends with some admirable people I only used to know superficially. It's unbelievable in how many areas this has helped me advance, both business and personal. On the more negative side, however, it also drew some unwanted attention (persistent suitors on the thin border of being labelled stalkers). And I don't think this is due to my physical, but rather psychological change, so that's the reason I'm listing it here.

3. The feared
Finally, the last important change is my unceasing fear of losing, breaking or staining my new teeth that often interefers with different spheres of my life. Ever since the day one, I've been obsessively caring about my dental hygiene, constantly running to the bathroom and using a million products, like ordinary brushes, interdental brushes, dental floss, white toothpaste, black toothpaste, and similar. Moreover, I've also been avoiding activities that might potentially, maybe, possibly lead to any harm to my teeth (although I know they are as firm as natural teeth). I know both are overly dramatic, but I just can't help it. Still, I believe I have this attitude to thank for that my teeth are still as white and pretty as the day one, although I am a heavy coffee, cigarettes and artificially coloured food addict. 

All in all, looking into the rearview mirror, I am still perfectly happy with my decision to undergo this procedure and with the results thereof. The change has been but positive, and I don't think there'd come a day that I'll regret it. I'll let you know if anything makes me change my mind. 

As always, thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!



You Might Also Like

0 komentari