Testing New Makeup (With a Twist)

3:42 pm

If you're regular here, you know the drill. If you're new, passing by or stalking, here's basically what SoaL is all about: I get new make up, I put it to a test, I take some pictures, and tell you how I feel about the products used. These products are not necessarily new releases, but rather any makeup I have never used before. I just wanted to make that clear.

Recently I went on a little shopping spree and... well, let's just say I had the hardest time picking out only a few products to test. But this only means you're in for several other makeup posts coming up (hopefully) soon.
I started off with the idea of doing two Autumn-inspired beauty makeup looks but, with Halloween being just around the corner, I ended up with an unplanned, somewhat different third look. The products I put to the test this time were:

2. Precisely My Brow Pencil in 3,5 by Benefit Cosmetics
3. Superstay Full Coverage Under-Eye Concealer in 10 Fair by Maybelline
4. Fantasy Eyeliner in Black by I <3 Revolution
5. Les Macarons ultra matte liquid lipstick in 822 Mon Caramel by L'Oreal
6. Stay 8h Lipliner in 04 keep receipts by Essence Cosmetics
7. Oh! My Lips matte lip kit in 06 Cashmere Rose by Eveline Cosmetics
8. Eye Obsessed brush collection by Morphe

Without providing a step-by-step guide through the process of applying the makeup, below are some photos of the two looks I created and my thoughts on each product used. 

Beauty look 1:

Beauty look 2:
The Verdict: 
Strawberry Cheesecake Chocolate Palette: You know I am a big fan of I <3 Revolution but, unfortunatelly, it breaks my heart to say that this is one of their palettes I least liked. I bought it because it smelled delicious, and I really mean delicious! Also, I found the shades a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I was really in the mood od trying out something new. However, although it offers quite a pretty red-brownish shade theme, I was left a bit disappointed in the untypically poor(er) pigmentation and the fallout amount of some of the mattes. I don't know what they've done with the formula, it used to be amazing with other palettes. The shimmers are, however, as fantastic as ever. 

Precisely, My Brow Pencil: The product is quite pricey, so I advise giving it a good thought before getting it. Since this was my first time buying the product and I wasn't really sure about the shade, I decided to go for the mini version. Luckily, I somehow managed to pick the prefect shade (3,5) and I was generally thrilled by the product (it is really precise in making thin and natural-looking lines), although the mini version lacks a spoolie brush that I really appreciate having on my brow pencils.

Superstay Full Coverage Under-Eye Concealer: My under-eye circles are virtually impossible to cover, and if I ever find the product that'll manage to perform this miracle on me, I will surely let you know. Let's just say this concealer is not the one for me in this sense, although I found it performing quite well as the eyeshadow primer. 

Fantasy Eyeliner: I bought this product impressed by its pigmentation as I draw a line on my hand in the store. However, applying it on my eyelids soon reduced my enthusiasm as it turned out rather imprecise. I immediately gave up and ended up using for these looks my forever number one eyeliner, Renaissance Flick, also by Makeup Revolution. 

Les Macarons ultra matte liquid lipstick: I was left disappointed by a number of L'Oreal products in my life, but I am happy to say that this is not one of them. The colour selection is nice, the wear is quite impressive and, unlike some of my much preferred liquid lipsticks, this one doesn't feel as heavy and drying on the lips. Also, a big plus for the smell. Good job, L'Oreal!

Stay 8h Lipliner: Essence has some great lipliners, that's a fact (and mascaras, too!). Particularly in terms of colour selection, pigmentation, and price. Still, these particular ones, although advertised as waterproof, did not prove quite as such. It's unfortunate, but probably negligable for many normal makeup lovers, but I appreciate more than anything my lip makeup fixed so I can forget all about it throughout my day. This, however, doesn't mean that I will not continue using these lipliners: on the contrary, I really like them and I'll just be wearing them on the occasions that don't include eating and drinking or are expected to last for a longer period of time.
Oh! My Lips matte lip kit: Oh. My. God. What. A. Surprise! The kit contains a lip pencil (with a cute little sharpener on the cap) and a liquid lipstick. Although for me it has a major downside in terms of wear, I am obsessed with the colour of the shade 06 Cashmere Rose and so happy I got it. Just like the Essence lipliners above, I will definitely be using this one often, but only on the occassions that don't require an extraordinary lipstick durability. 

Eye Obsessed brush set: Morphe is famous for their high-quality brushes, and this set is no exception, especially for amateur use. The set contains 12 brushes (6 natural and 6 synthetic) plus a zipper bag. What I really appreciate about this set is the discernible brush sizes, perfect for anything from lining to blending. I've been using them daily since the day I got them, so I guess that says it all.

Halloween look:
The Halloween-ispired look was also created using the mentioned products, in addition to the darker shades of the Violet Chocolate Palette by Makeup Revolution. For me, it was so fun doing this wannabe 3D spider look on my face, so I'll just leave it here for laughs.
As always, thank you for reading!

Happy Halloween!

You Might Also Like

0 komentari