Not Your Typical Advent Candle Wreath

6:43 pm

I know that all good bloggers put together inspiring posts before the season in question. Yet... Several days ago I moved to another town. It was something I had in mind for quite some time now, but the act itself was still sudden and rushed. Just to illustrate the chaos ruling my life at the moment, these are only some of the huge changes that took place in just a week: got a new job, agreed to keep the old ones (making it a total of three!), had to say goodbye to my dog for a week, found a new place to live (still in the process of moving), had to buy loads of “business-appropriate” clothes, went brunette, took out all my piercings... And now I have a feeling that everything is upside-down!

Anyway, the last day I spent in my hometown was the first Sunday of Advent. Of course, in all this mess, I had no time to create a proper Advent candle wreath (let alone to scribble a post on it and take some good photos!). But I really wanted to leave something behind, to give me that cosy, warm feeling of Christmas when I come back home for weekends. So I took out all my last year’s Christmas decorations and improvised.

This reminded me of the Advent candle wreath I had made the year before. As it wasn’t round, the Husband said it wasn’t really a wreath and called it an “Advent Rectangle” – which, logically, led to a long “not-talking-to-you” period. But, prompted by the untiring sulky expression on my face, he eventually had to agree that it was “the most beautiful Advent Rectangle he had ever seen”. To this very day, I am still not sure if I had won this one.

I think you can determine from the said that I don’t like traditional, purchasable and expensive Advent candle wreaths. I always make my own, often using some unconventional items and materials and making sure not to spend too much. For example, the only items I bought this time were some crape paper and gold candles, totalling a little more than €2. Also, the making of my last-minute Wreath only included cutting the crepe paper and arranging the items I had from before. So I am positive there is no need for a tutorial on this simplicity. I just wanted to share the idea and maybe even inspire some of you to experiment with your Christmas decorations because... why not?

The point is: now and again, in the bustle of life, you might need a few moments of peace to remind yourself of the reason for the season. You may or may not choose to create your own Advent candle wreath. You may even think there is no point in making one a week or two past the occasion. But let me reassure you. It is never too late - for the majority of things in life, as a matter of fact. Yes, you can start today... or even tomorrow.  No one is keeping track. 

I used:
Gold snowflakes (10 pcs) – Kaufland (€0.65)
Gold branch with beads - Kaufland (€2)
Gold candles (4 pcs) – Kaufland (€1.50)
Gold bead chain garland - Kaufland (€1.50)
Fuchsia crepe paper – Kaufland (€0.65)
Angels (3 pcs) – Kaufland (€2)
Cristal plate – gift
 Feeling caught up by the holiday cheer yet

You Might Also Like

0 komentari