Welcome, Summer!

5:58 pm

Yesterday was an unusually hot day for May. The air temperature in Split was about 27°C, and the sea was probably somewhere around 18°C. An ideal opportunity for this year’s first sunbathing and - for the bolder ones - maybe even swimming. To my surprise, the beach was quite crowded; the better part of the people there were foreign tourists, but one could easily spot the locals by their loud and boisterous discussions, or by playing picigin. Most of the grown-ups seized the day to get some tan, while the children proved to be the courageous ones and enjoyed themselves in the water. Of course, I joined them, determined that, considering I’ve missed the whole Spring due to an insane working schedule, I was surely not going to miss a day of the Summer. Besides, I’ll hopefully have this year’s last swim in mid-October, which means five months of the Summer season are ahead! Hardly anything could make me happier.

However, I must admit the water was rather freezing for my taste. I dared to take a swim only once, and spent the rest of the day enjoying the sun. Nonetheless, I proudly announced the opening of this year's Summer season (by posting a photo on Facebook and Instagram, how else?), and today I shoved all my winter clothes in the back of my closet. Now I’m looking forward to the days when thermometers would read 30-35°C, when I’ll be ashamed of wearing shorts because I can’t get tan no matter how hard I try, and when I’ll be covered in mosquito bites. You just have to love Summer, right? 
Thanks a million for reading, wishing you a long Summer!

You Might Also Like

0 komentari